Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Best surprise party ever!

Coming up is the anniversary of one of the best surprise parties ever! Let me set the the scene for you. In the below post I talk about the Wooster Rotary Auction. I go every year and stay till the bitter end. I like to see how much things go for. Last year I was 8 months pregnant with my first and only child little Sara Marie. My plan was to get a dry sink and turn it into a changing table for the baby. On the first day a lovely dry sink came up. I bid on it and it went for over $200.00. I couldn't justify paying that much for it so I let it go. Besides I had a different one to bid on the next day and I was hoping to get that one.

The next day arrives and I feel like crap. I got up and told Eric I wasn't feeling all that well and thought about just staying home but our fiends were coming down for the auction so I thought I better go. Plus I really wanted that dry sink. So off I went and I waited for my loving husband to arrive later after he was done at work. Showing up late, very late I might add, he finally made it there before my auction for the dry sink came up. What he didn't know was I had planned a surprise of my own. To buy him something he always wanted to replace from his childhood. A Pinchinco game. I won it and was so excited to show him. He arrived sweating, and out of breath. I asked him if he was alright and he said, "Yes. I just had a bunch of running around to do." I showed him the game and I became the coolest person in the world that day.

Little did I know the reason why he was late and sweaty. He was helping to plan a big surprise Baby Shower for me. At some point I had expected a baby shower to be thrown for me by the coolest BFF around Ms. Trixie Ray. However, I had expected to be told about it ahead of time. This is when my Husband, BFF, Andy, Shannon deuce, and Kevin decide to through a surprise baby shower. Throw me off my guard.

My husband had been asked strange questions when he arrived at the auction like, "Is the football in play?" or "Is the notebook orange?" I didn't think anything of it mainly because my friends are just plan strange to begin with. At one point my husband said he needed to call his Dad on the cell phone which I thought, "Why? It is almost over."Then my dry sink came my in the cue. Eric said he would bid because of my loss of the other the night before and he knew I was upset about it. Pregnant remember!? Anyway, we got up there and I told him, "If it goes to high stop bidding. I will stop hitting your leg when it gets to high." The dry sink went up to $200.00, I stop hitting but he kept going. AHHHHH! I later found out that he got it because there were people in our house and they were all waiting on us to get there. My plan was to bid on something different down the list if I didn't get the dry sink and Eric couldn't take that chance. After we won and paid for the item Eric said to me, "I need to eat. Also i don't want someone to steal my Pinchinco game." I thought to myself, "No one is going to steal your damn Pinchinco game." I wanted to stay but I relented and we went home. I followed Eric home and noticed a bunch of cars parked on the road. I thought, "Wow, someone must be having a party." Eric parked and was running up the sidewalk with his game in hand and I thought, "What the hell dude! And you were worried about someone stealing it and here you are running with it!?" I pulled into the garage and this is when the fun starts.

I went up to the door, put the key in, and the door opened. My first thought was "Oh my God Eric didn't lock the door!" Then it went to,"I hear voices, Who is in my house and Oh God don't take my TiVo!" The lights were on and I walled in to confront the people in my house! That's when "Surprise!" The pictures below are the first pics of me walking into the house.


I can truly say for the first time in my life I was speechless. I am never speechless, ever! I couldn't talk for a good full 15 minutes. This whole time Eric was calling the house and letting them know we were late, then we had left, and finally, "To the people in my house, we are here. Hide!" Andy and Kevin almost didn't make it for the big reveal because they went to the store for beer and went through red lights to make it back in time. What a cleaver deception.

All I can say is, I have wonderful friends, a loving husband, the coolest BFF, and a $225.00 changing table. I am truly blessed.

2 comments:

MegatonMaynard said...

Everyone should have a surprise party at least once in their life.

Old said...

I don't recognize anybody in that photo. Are you sure all your friends have not been replaced by robots or automatons at some point? I kept scanning the pic looking for just a little bit of Skippy peeking out behind somebody. As we all know, Skippy is definitely a replicant of some sort, though, who knows what they were trying to replicate with Skippy. As the saying goes, they broke the mold after they made Skippy. Does this break the record for mentions of Skippy in a single blog comment? I hope so, I would hate to have to keep mentioning Skippy.

I find it hard to believe you were speechless Jen. If anyone could pull that off it would have to be the one and only Megaton Maynard-o Wemedgely. Hell, I am speechless that you were caught speechless! Just when you thought you knew a person...