Monday, November 5, 2007

The Medusa is coming!


This weekend coming up I will have the pleasure of kicking my friends butts in a game of Phase 10. I guess I should explain myself before I go on. A while back in time my ever so loving husband branded me with the name Medusa. You see, every time we get together with my BFF and Andy to play cards we play Phase 10. My husband seems to think I am a super competitive person when it comes to games. I guess I am because of being an only child. Playing games was a fun time growing up and was only done when the grown-ups were done playing or during holidays. So yea I guess I am a bit competitive. My husband says I have an MO when I play. I say,"Oh woe's is me. I am so behind and will never win. I have a crappy hand." Then I turn around and crush everyone at the table. So he started to call me the Medusa. Even going as far as to imitate the Medusa one night making fun of me. So instead of getting mad or upset about it I have deiced to embrace the title.
So this weekend coming up will be the big test. Will the Medusa win out on the night. It is going to be a big night of card playing. Not only will it be the Medusa and her husband with the BFF and Andy but, it will be Craig and Mandi playing as well. Craig has already told me he will crush the Medusa with the weight of 10,000 waterfalls. Little does he know that waterfalls mean nothing to the Medusa. Only pain and crying from her opponents. Together with her HenchWoman, Craig will be crushed like 10,000 grapes being pressed and stomped on by fat Italian women to make wine. He shall be nothing but a husk like the grapes left over from wine making.
May the Medusa Turn him to stone!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

WOE BE UNTO YOU MEDUSA FOR LIKE PERSEUS OF OLD I SHALL SMITE THEE!!! YOUR ATTACKS WILL BOUNCE OFF ME LIKE SO MUCH RUBBER AND STICK TO YOU WITH THE TERRIBLE STICKINESS OF EXTRA STICKY GLUE!!!

Old said...

I have to say I would mind turning to stone while gazing at the top medusa, the bottom one, not so much.

Old said...

whoops meant, would not mind turning to stone in front of the topmost medusa, the bottom one, would mind. The joke is ruined now! Cursed by the Gods!

Ann T Quittys thoughts said...

you will notice that the top Medusa is clam and peaceful where as the bottom picture is mean and ugly. It is kind of like the post it's self. Starts off nice enough and turns to pain and hate. MMMUUUUHHHHAAAAA!

Old said...

She is also topless!