Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heath Ledger is dead



I am in complete shock! I can't believe he is really dead. It makes going to see Batman even more important for me. Rest in peace Heath. I shall always remember you in A knight's Tale.

Actor Heath Ledger Dead At 28
Sources: Death May Be Drug-Related; Pills Found Scattered In NYC Residence
NEW YORK (CBS) ― Heath Ledger, who was nominated for an Oscar for his performance in the critically-acclaimed movie Brokeback Mountain, has died, sources tell CBS 2.

The Australian-born actor was just 28.

He was pronounced dead at 3:26 p.m. in his downtown Manhattan residence by his housekeeper, who discovered him in cardiac arrest and called 911, an NYPD spokesperson says. He was apparently scheduled to have a massage in his apartment this afternoon.

Sources tell CBS 2's Scott Weinberger the death may be drug-related and that there were pills scattered around the room.

Ledger had recently separated from his wife, actress Michelle Williams. The couple have one daughter, Matilda.

He is appearing in the next installment of the "Batman" movie opposite Christian Bale as the infamous "Joker" and was in the midst of filming "The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus."

Other well-known films Ledger appeared in include "The Patriot," "A Knight's Tale," and "Monster's Ball."

Ledger would have turned 29 on April 4.

4 comments:

Denise (aka Trixie) said...

I saw that and thought immediately, "Poor Jen, she's going to be heartbroken!"
Wonder if they're done with Batman?

Ann T Quittys thoughts said...

They are done with Batman and I now have to see it. This being his last big movie. I am so sad about him dying. I guess one news channel said that playing the Joker gave him insomnia. He had a hard time getting past the lack of humanity of the Joker when he got home at night. Now I doubt that is what killed him but maybe the lack of sleep caused him to use the sleeping pills. What ever the cause it is still sad. :-(

Mandi said...

So, when Craig told me that Eric called and told him the news, my first question (after my gasp of disbelief) was, "Is his wife grieving? ... (pause)... "I mean JEN!"
'sorry for your loss, Jen'

Ann T Quittys thoughts said...

I still am. It is still a shock to me. He seemed like a nice guy. Everyone they have interviewed around his home in New York talked about how down to earth he was. Even fans talk about how down to earth he was. It just seems like such a shame that a nice person like him lives but we have to put up with turds like Britney and Paris.