Friday, January 11, 2008

My wish for the "boys"


I am not sure how many of you who visit here go to the sketch of the day site, for which I have a link to, but just recently my friends over there were confronted by a viewer to do something more with there talent. For those who have not been there the three guys who have the blog are extremely talented artists. I can only wish to be able to draw as well as them. I wish I had a small pink full of the talent they have.

I have known one of them for at least 10 years now, one for at least 5 years, and the last one for about a little over 2 years now. They all went to art school together and are extremely creative and talented men. They started the sketch of the day to get there spirits recharged and enjoy art again. Something I am sure we can all relate to. I my self get burned out making chemise's and skirts all the time.

For years I have been wanting these guys, plus the "boys" ( see picture to the side) to create something. Come up with a story, create a comic book hell, something! We have a couple of great story tellers and creative minds in the group with a couple wonderful artists. Not to mention a couple of wonderful writers who could put all those thoughts into something great! So why haven't they done so yet?

THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO KNOW!

Ever since I have known my husband and he introduced me to the world of roleplaying geek-hood, I have know him to be an imaginative, creative person. I think it is one of the things I truly love about him. I have always wanted him to do something more with this creative ways. We wrote a child's book with cute little poems that I would love to see one of the guys do the art work for. Something to pass to Sara as her own personal book her dad and "uncles" made for her.

With that said I wish these guys would be creative for themselves. Do something that they could make and say I did that. I made and sold something of my own effort. No one else told me to make this, no one hired me to make this, I made it with my own reasons, own creative talents, and with my own personal pride. I don't think there is to much in life more gratifying then that. When I make a gown and it turns out to be completely lovely and I sell it to someone who loves it, it make me feel great pride that I created something. Personal fulfillment. I wish these guys could do the same. Not the dress making but the fulfillment. lol I wish they could find what the word above in Chinese is. Bliss. I want them to find their bliss. Do something big in their spare time. Work on it slowly at first if they want. I just think that if they started working on something they would find bliss. Bliss in knowing they made something for them.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

"Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends." Clarence

Thank you so much for the encouragement, now where is the Children's Book of which you speak?

Ann T Quittys thoughts said...

If Eric doesn't send you the poems I will. He said he would send them but we shall see if he does. I on the other hand would love to send them if he doesn't. Get the ball rolling. :-)

Mandi said...

Thanks so much for the pep talk and kind words. It means a lot to me as "one of the wives" to know that I am not the only cheerleader Craig has! Thanks to you and Eric for being such great friends-- and quickly great friends, might I add!

Ann T Quittys thoughts said...

As Eric says, "Such great friends that we would buy you driveway markers!" Now that is a great friend.

Mandi said...

Yet isn't that truly a gift for yourself?? Tee Hee!!

Mandi said...

Yet isn't that truly a gift for yourself?? Tee Hee!!

Ann T Quittys thoughts said...

Ahh I hear they came in handy when using the snow blower today. So now they are gifts for all!MMMMUUUUHHHHHAAAAAA

Unknown said...

Sadly the Snow blower trembled at the sight of them, got 2 strips done and it stopped throwing snow. YAY!!!