Tuesday, April 22, 2008

All I want is some good looking plus size clothing!


I have been a plus size gal for many years of my life and it has been a bummer. I know I am fat and I have grown to accept it. I am never going to be a size 10 or less and I know that. I came close once when I was in college but I did nothing but exercise my life away. I don't have that kind of time on my hands now. Granted I would love to be a size 14 again but unless I go on a drastic diet and liposuction program I don't see that happening anytime soon.

The main reason I bring this up is I recently saw a lovely blouse I was interested in buying. For this blouse to fit I would have needed a solid 3XL size to give me enough room. Now this is nothing out of the ordinary for me since I have an extremely large chest. I wear a size 40I bra. I have always had a big chest. Even when I was close to a size 10 I wore a 36DD bra. So getting shirts big enough hasn't bothered me. So I go into the store to check out the sizes on this shirt. They only go up to a L-XL. I was bummed. The store lady comes over and asked if she could help me. I told her I was interested in this lovely blouse but it wasn't big enough. So she insisted I try it on. I am thinking, "HELLO LADY HAVE YOU LOOKED AT MY CHEST?" so I thought well I would give it a try. Needless to say I should have gone with my first thought and not even bothered. I came out and said there was no way. She said, "Let me check the catalogue and see if there is a bigger size offered. HOPE! at last nothing. The biggest sized offered is a L-XL.

Feeling rejected I left the store. Now why is it all the nice looking stuff is made for a woman a size 14 and smaller. I looked in a plus size store and everything looks like a sack! I don't want to wear a sack! I want to wear something pretty, airy, and creates a shape other then round! Not only that but there doesn't seem to be a middle ground. It is either all made for older ladies or for overweight Huchie-mamas! I don't want to look like a grandma but I don't want to look like a hooker either! I just want something that is nice, casual, and elegant. Who buys this crap for stores to sell!? I am thinking it is either some skinny bitch or some brain dead man with no style! I mean really, who in the hell thinks multi-colored paisley shirts look good!?!?!?!? Not only that but if I do find something nice to wear and it is big enough it doesn't fit right. Either the shoulders are to big of the bottom half is to tight. I think I am doomed to be naked!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Hey Jen! try Torrid.com they have some of the cutest clothes.

Unknown said...

"Not only that but there doesn't seem to be a middle ground. It is either all made for older ladies or for overweight Huchie-mamas!"

This says it all . . . where are all the clothes, man? Where are they? MORE ROOM IN THE HIPS, PLEASE! MORE ROOM IN THE BUST, PLEASE! LONGER "SHORT" SLEEVES, PLEASE! NO MORE SACKS! NO MORE SACKS!!

If you decide to open a plus-size clothing shop/line for women from their mid-30's through ?? who want to look fashionable, fresh (NOT CROTCHETY) and "airy", as you put it, without looking like 10 pounds of s*** in a 5 pound "whore-written-all-over-it" bag, let me know, would ya? :-)