Thursday, June 5, 2008

One of my favs! A Renaissance Jester costume!






















This is one of my favorite men's Renaissance outfit I have made. I wanted to make a Jester's outfit as soon as I saw this fabric. I cut the fabric on the bias to get the diamond shape with the squares. Once I had that done it was all about sewing the bells on ribbons onto the doublet and pumpkin pants. Of course I couldn't stop there, I made a Jester hat with bells too. With the help of some lovely ladies from a sewing group I belong to I got the porcelain doll head and started the make the Jester's wand. I dressed the wand jester just like the costume. You can see the wand below. I ended up selling the outfit on Ebay. The man in the pictures very graciously to let me use these pictures. It is always so nice to see your work in action. He ended up selling the outfit himself when he changed persona's. So where ever this outfit is I hope it is getting a lot of use.



No comments: